As the manufacturer, Britax Römer Kindersicherheit GmbH, we supply Britax Römer car seats, pushchairs, bike seats and accessories (hereinafter: “product”) under warranty, subject to the following conditions:
1. The manufacturer’s warranty period is 24 months, from the date of purchase as indicated on the sales receipt. The remaining guarantee for the original product will apply for a replacement part or product, or a repaired product.
2. This manufacturer’s warranty applies only in the country in which the product was purchased. Britax Römer guarantees that the product will be in compliance only with the statutory provisions and/or government regulations that apply in the country in which the product was sold. Britax Römer reserves the right to apply a divergent manufacturer’s guarantee for those specific countries.
3. The manufacturer’s warranty provides a right to repair unless Britax Römer is of the opinion that replacement or return of the product is necessary. Britax Römer will bear the expense and risk of transport from and to the retailer (hereinafter: “the retailer”) where you purchased the product, provided the repair is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
4. To claim under this manufacturer’s warranty you must provide Britax Römer with the following:
- a copy of the dated receipt of purchase,
- a clear description of the complaint and
- the defective product and/or photographs of the defective part or product.
5. The manufacturer’s warranty is not transferable and may therefore only be invoked by the first owner.
6. The manufacturer’s warranty does not affect any statutory rights you may have, for example the right to hold the retailer accountable for defects.
7. What is covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee?
- all manufacturing defects in the chassis, frame and the wheels of a pushchair;
- all manufacturing defects in the adapters (frame and car seat adapters);
- all parts of the harness of your Britax Römer pushchair;
- all safety components of your Britax Römer car seat;
- seams in the cover;
The manufacturer’s warranty will be void in the following circumstances:
- If you have made or arranged for modifications or repairs to be made without first having received written permission from Britax Römer or the retailer.
- Defects resulting from neglect or an accident and/or from any use or maintenance other than that indicated in the user guide.
- If the serial number has been damaged or removed.
- Damage to the product caused by normal wear and tear.
- Incorrect mounting or installation of third-party parts that are incompatible with the product.
- Inadvertent or unintentional damage, abnormal use or insufficient care.
- Improper storage / product care.
- Damage to push bars or upholstery due to normal daily use of the product.
- Holes or tears in the tyres.
- Damage due to improper use or due to failure to follow the user guide.
- Damage due to repairs carried out by unauthorised persons or due to improper disassembly of the product.
- Transport damage (during air transport or other modes of transport): carefully inspect your Britax Römer product after it was shipped by the airline (or other carrier) and in case of any damage immediately file a claim with the carrier.
- Customer dissatisfaction with the product in terms of fit, weight, functionality, colour or design.
The manufacturer’s warranty period for this product is 24 months from the purchase date indicated on the sales receipt. Keep the sales receipt in a safe place and make a copy of it. It is easy to register your product on our website. If you submit a claim under this manufacturer’s warranty and you did not buy the product on our website directly, you must first contact your retailer. If your retailer is unable to repair the defect, or if Britax Römer was your retailer (website), you can contact Britax Römer by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone on +49 8221 3670 199.
Britax Römer reserves the right to amend these manufacturer’s warranty provisions. You can find the most up-to-date manufacturer’s warranty provisions on our website at www.britax-roemer.com
We pride ourselves on developing products based on high quality and standards. That’s why only genuine Britax Römer parts or parts which have been approved by Britax Römer should be used in conjunction with Britax Römer products. If you need a replacement part for your Britax Römer product, please contact your retailer, or visit www.britax-roemer.com for an extensive list of retailers near you.